It is the 9th highest summit in Brazil at 2,670m high and is in the Itatiaia National Park. The path to reach it is long, but without difficulties. We went through several attractions in the park until we reached it, such as the intriguing Ovos da Galinha rock formation. The view of Agulhas Negras from its summit is indescribable.
It is suitable for trekkers with good physical conditioning, as the round trip is approximately 18km long.
The climate in Serra da Mantiqueira is unstable. As it is a higher region, it is usually cooler in the morning and at night, and warmer in the afternoon.
The best time is in the mountain season, from April to October, when rainfall is practically scarce.
In order to make the trip to Itamonte worthwhile and take advantage of the undisputed beauty of the PNI, we recommend that you close the package for at least two days:
• Day 1: Arrival and overnight in Itamonte-MG
• Day 2: trail starting at the Rebouças shelter and up to the summit. Return to the shelter after a brief snack and photos.
• Day 3: reserved for the second attraction defined for the trip. Return from the park planned for the end of the afternoon.
• Internal transfers from arrival to accommodation (up to 8 clients)
• Entrances and accesses to parks and region
• GPS tracker with daily transmission of geographic positioning
• Adventure insurance
• LATITUDE51 dry fit and UV shirt
• Professional guide with deep experience in trekking and outdoor activities in remote areas, available 24 hours a day
• Accommodation with breakfast
• Drinks and other meals
• Trail snacks
• Transport to the accommodation
• Individual equipment
• Personal documents
• 20 liter backpack
• 1 liter canteen
• Waterproof Windbreak/Anorack
• Trail boot
• Second skin
• Dryfit shirts
• Medium Fleece
• Trekking pants
• Waterproof pants
• Trekking socks
• Medium gloves
• Sun and lip protection
• Hygiene equipment
• Quick drying towel
• Headlamp (extra batteries)
• Plastic or waterproof bag
• Personal medications
• Remedies and first aid